Vigilant AI is a global software company based in Canada and specializing in applied artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) technologies. Through innovative application of AI and ML capabilities Vigilant AI solutions accelerate discoveries and insights for large enterprises, institutions, and governments. Beginning with financial management including expense and claims recovery, moving from audit and recovery through to data driven business operations acceleration and optimization, Vigilant AI’s proprietary cloud-based services directly improve the organization’s bottom line.
Vigilant AI is looking for an experienced Full Stack Developer, focusing on the Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning (AI/ML) sector to facilitate the design, building, and applied operations for their innovative tool suite in-house, on the customers’ premises, and in the public cloud.
As a member of the technical team, reporting to the team leader, the AI/ML Full Stack Developer will provide technical and innovative engineering for both product development and services operations. Based on customer and market needs, the Developer helps map out and execute the path and the tactical steps necessary to achieve the strategic direction for products and services, as set by the CTO and Lead AI/ML Architect, applying innovation to gain benefit, unfair advantage, and differentiation in favor of the company. To drive success for the development and operations teams to achieve their strategic goals, leadership, direction, mentoring, and problem solving are key contributions. The Developer is responsible for design leadership, prototyping, and development team contribution, with an emphasis on product readiness as per agreed plans and schedules. Development team, technology partner, and end customer engagement and communications will ensure the strategic vision and its tactical progression are in line with the needs of the market. The Developer will ensure continuous communications and active participation between management, product development, and operations and support.
Together all teams will drive shareholder value upward by continuously growing the business.
The primary responsibilities in the role of the Developer include, but are not limited to:
- Driving shareholder value through business growth,
- Continuously meeting and exceeding customer and target market expectations
- Work with the Technical Leadership Team to establish, refine, and execute on the corporate vision,
- Including influencing and aligning with the corporate tone and culture – imperative in a successful enterprise
- Input and empowerment for all things technical including:
- Working with the market, customers, third party suppliers and partners, and sales and operations to:
- Execute the strategic vision as set by the CTO and Architects for product, platform, and supporting tools suite,
- Complete product management
- Work with the development and operations teams,
- Communicating the technological vision and tactical steps to achieve product goals,
- Innovate on tools, platform, and operating framework,
- Sound data set curation and management ensuring:
- Availability, scalability, and flexibility
- Accelerated analytics for enterprises, institutions, and governments driving towards, audits, recovery, and value-added insights,
- Applied AI, ML, BI, and next generation analytics, and cross correlation.
- Integration of in-house, partner, and third-party technologies for successful solutions.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of the intellectual property protection strategy,
- Assist in product and team management including,
- Project management, tracking, and reporting,
- Quality control and support.
- Trilateral communications
- Senior corporate management
- Development and operations teams
- Sales support and external customer engagement,
- Contributing to key policies
- Identifying, authoring, and implementing,
- Security, operations, regulatory,
- GRC (governance, risk, and compliance)
- Getting it DONE!
To apply for the position, the candidate must meet or exceed the following requirements:
- Able to accept employment in Canada.
- Post-secondary degree, Bachelors or better in the areas of: Software Engineering, Computing Science, Data Science, or applied Information Technologies (IT)
- Minimum of 8 years in designer roles in a relevant field
- Recommended 5+ years at an intermediate or better level,
- Minimum of 8 years in technical company and technology participation in software development and/or data management systems
- Startup experience valuable
- Startup through exit, a benefit
- Proven track record building software tools and products
- 5 years in IT operations, product creation, and architecture, including cloud and on-premises services,
- 3 years in a cross-functional, agile scrum development environment,
- 2 years in data management and analytics.
Skills and Abilities
The successful candidate must have a majority of the following:
- Exceptional leadership, problem and challenge solving and resolution experience,
- Strong analytical and organizational mindset,
- Strong multi-directional communications capabilities:
- Development and operations teams
- Distributed software product architectures, including:
- On-premises and hybrid solutions
- XaaS (infrastructure, platform, and software as a service)
- Microservices and containers
- IT management and operations
- Full stack software development
- Open source and proprietary software development
- UI/UX experience
- Continuous build architectures
- Understanding of enterprise class private, public sector or both finances and transactions
- Public markets experience an asset,
- Project management
- Operations – management and execution,
- Knowledge of Business Intelligence (BI), Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML) and data-driven insights and analytics,
- Data management techniques and priorities
- Security: information security, data security, data governance, and controls
- GRC (Governance, Risk, Compliance)
- Regulatory standards, privacy law, data protection and privacy
- Intellectual property (IP) protection
- One or more applications as contributing inventor,
Nice to Haves
While not required, the following experiences and abilities are assets valuable in the role:
- Strong work/life balance
- Ability to work from home,
- Self-starting independence
- Influencing publications:
- Conference sessions/papers
- Organizational specifications/working recommendations,
- Active federal government security clearance